The Power of Music

I know we always have our current favourites, most likely something that is Top 40, super catchy, and produced by a mixture of creativity and sounds/beats strategically placed to cater to the audience's tastes. I am the first to admit that I love the likes of Rihanna and Chris Brown, and I definitely have a list of songs that makes me just want to dance, dance, and dance.

But what about the other favourites? The real ones, if you will. I have a very small select of songs that can emotionally move me to a great degree, and that's what I love about music. These songs can put a big smile on my face, bring tears to my eyes, or just render my body numb while my heart is filled with passion and emotions. (My iTunes is right now repeating a song someone dear to me sent over a while ago, and it never fails to make me happy and sad at the same time). Sometimes, probably the case for most, it's the memories a song evokes or a set of lyrics that you can relate to your state-of-mind or circumstances. So amazing is that it can also be something seemily trivial like a short melody, accompanied by a broken minor triad, with a forceful crescendo.

When I started this post, I wanted to include one of these songs to share at the end. But being here now, I can't. I am sure almost everyone has something that always fills their heart with love, joy, and sadness. And it's something so powerful they only want to share it with those close to them.

Or, maybe no one relates, you're all shaking your heads, and I've lost you all in my post. And that it's just me and my music.



____________________________
Well, here's one of my current favs-

With You, Chris Brown


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home