Elizabeth and James

Whatever happened to predictability
The milkman, the paperboy, evening T.V....

Okay, I admit that Full House was one of my favourite shows. I would always rush home to watch it after school. Actually if I catch it on TV now I'd still stop at the channel and watch a few minutes, okay fine, maybe more than a few minutes (though, if Saved by the Bell (not The College Years) were on at the same time, Zach and Kelly definitely takes precedence).

Who knew that the two little Michelles would proceed to build a billion-dollar consumer goods empire.

This year Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen added a new line called Elizabeth and James to their couture fashion label, The Row (which started in 2006). Elizabeth and James is set to target women in their early 20's and the style is the eclectic of extremes -dressy with casual, masculine with feminine, etc. I personally love it cause I am not the type to match everything (my mother and I definitely have our differences when it comes to what goes with what). Crossing themes makes me more comfortable when I step onto the streets. I'd hate to look too girly or too casual (though this one can be easily solved with accessories!).

I also love their website, especially their Spring product shots. Models are shot outside, instead of in a studio. Besides trying to showcase the dress, blazer, whatever, they're also incorporating energy, action, and a storyline. It's as if each picture is an ad for the line!





The price points aren't bad either: $80-$650. Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, and Intermix will be retailing the line. They're trying to grow the line slowly in fear of oversaturating the market, therefore only those three retailers are used to launch Elizabeth and James.

It's funny that I'm looking forward to more of their line, because I really didn't appreciate the bohemian-bourgeois looks Mary-Kate and Ashley had on for a long while.

P.S. shouldn't we be hugging it out like the end of every Full House episode, now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home