I was thinking about Reverend Run's writing posts on his Blackberry in his bathtub and that maybe I should do the same, in my bathtub and on my iPhone, my 2G iPhone.

Yesterday I attended an iPhone party in Hong Kong. It was basically a networking event, organized by MACitizen and HKU Mac User Group, for people with ideas for iPhone apps, people who can develop the apps, people who can provide a platform for the apps and everyone in between. And then there were the outliers like myself, who is a passerby of the city and wanted to see what the scene is like in Asia in regards to the web and tech. Communities here seem to be pretty strong. Hopefully I'll get to check some more stuff out in the near future.

At the party I also met this guy who started a weekly networking event called Web Wednesday for those in digital and internet media in Hong Kong. He's on an expansion with this event throughout Asia, and has been contacted by a guy in Beijing who wants to bring it there. Since I'm heading up there on Tuesday and going to be there for a while with my next adventure, I'll probably contact him and maybe he can help me navigate the industry in China.

Sadly though... I didn't win the iPhone they were giving out at the party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home