Overnight at JFK

I have never had a delay-free experience flying out of JFK, but it has never been QUITE this bad (you can probably already tell that this is going to be a rant). I was supposed to leave on a 2:55pm flight. At 2:30pm they told us that the plane was diverted to Newark due the weather (which boggled my mind because it was nothing but nice and sunny outside the window). They said it was going to be a three to four hour delay. I was pretty miffed already at this point because I think more than the average person I really HATE wasting time this way. At 4pm they told us that the plane wouldn't be getting here until earliest 4am, but more like 5am - that's 15 hours after the original departure time!!! >=O

Thank god I managed to get into the lounge, so at least I have a couch to sleep on until 4am. Also there's free wireless which is how I'm writing this rant post right now. It's a little funny because there are a number of people from my flight in the lounge who it seems, like me, have opted to sit around for 12 hours, and the lounge is feeling a bit like a refugee camp.

There is one thing I guess I'm glad about. I overheard a couple of conversations where people on the same flight as me were saying something along the lines of "If our flight is delayed so long, I won't be able to get in to work on Monday!" I suppose when you have a lot of work on your plate you would want to get it done instead of having all that productivity and time snatched away from you by stupid airport delays. I'm just glad my worry is "If the flight is delayed so long, that'd be one whole day gone from my one-month holiday!"

I feel like Tom Hanks in The Terminal! But I really shouldn't complain because people face much worse delays during the holiday season. BUT THIS IS NOT HOLIDAY SEASON!!

1 comment:

  1. Hunter Wry said...
    Maybe it's Chinatown bus next time! It's like 30 bucks, and they're on schedule most of the time.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home