Traffic in Beijing

Being a girl who's lived in Los Angeles for 7 years, you'd think I'd be immune to traffic.

Beijing is definitely the Asian reciprocal of LA, I've once again taken rush hour traffic into account as I plan my daily schedule. I'm not looking forward to when they take off the odd-even license plate system (which is going to be September 20, the end of the para-Olympics). Cars have gotten increasingly cheap that people just buy a second car to go around the inconvenience cause by the regulation. With the influx of households with 1+ cars, I can't imagine the amount of traffic on the street after the 20th. At least here I wouldn't be the one driving. Maybe with more cars on the road, my taxi drivers won't be able to drive like maniacs on the streets, then I can finally arrive home at the end of each day without headaches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home