Work Life Balance

I almost feel like that's non existent. Last night was the second time I missed dinner with the same friend within a span of one week because I just couldn't leave work.


It's so frustrating that you have no control over your life because of something that doesn't really benefit human kind in any way.

I hate that I've been conditioned to think that at our age, we need to work like a slave to get as much experience as you can so that in the "future" you can benefit from it and be successful, rich, or what not. But when does that "future" actually start? When do you start not working like a slave just for the sake of learning and actually work because you want to make as much money with as little effort possible and not having to take into account what "great learning experiences" you're getting from it. I'd like to know when that future starts so that I can start kicking myself for getting home at 1am from work instead of trying to think "how great it is that I get staffed on so many projects that sleep isn't even an option"

Sorry this one is a little bit negative. I'll try to write about something upbeat soon. Hopefully this weekend when the weather finally turns warm and the sun is out to play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home